Adjunct Instructor - Residential/Commercial Electrician
Job no: 492662
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Multiple Locations
State Classification: Instructor
Class Code: UG70
The Adjunct Instructor is responsible for, but not limited to, Teaching Performance; Curriculum/Instructional Development and Management; Student Advisement; College and/or Community Service; and Professional Development.
- Teaching Performance: Provide students with course materials including syllabus, grading/attendance policy, and other relevant information in a timely manner; relate instructional materials, discussions and all course activities to course objectives; demonstrate effective instructional methodology as documented on the class visitation form; use practical examples and illustrations; pace the instruction over the semester; provide students with timely evaluations; provide evaluation results in a timely manner; relate evaluations to course objectives; follow acceptable department and college grading policies. Assist in the planning process of developing program course outcomes and assessments.
- Curriculum / Instructional Development and Management: Develop and maintain course documentation; review and select textbooks; maintain appropriate materials for courses taught; schedule class and lab times effectively; continuously improve curriculum, instructional techniques, and integrate best practices of instructional delivery. Submit reports in a timely manner; maintain accurate records; manage the classroom environment for effective learning.
- Student Advisement: Maintain and publicize required office hours and availability; refer students to other persons for appropriate assistance; maintain appropriate records; meet with students in a timely manner; display sensitivity to students’ needs and problems; advise students appropriately, based on their career plans and academic needs.
Commensurate with education and experience.
• Associate’s degree or higher in an Electrical or Electronics related field from a regionally accredited college or university or an appropriate certification(s) and a minimum of three (3) years of documented direct or related work experience in the field other than teaching.
• Must have knowledge of the Electrical trade, training, instructional design, and education technologies as related to residential and commercial electrical installations and troubleshooting.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Teaching experience.
- Excellent writing and effective communication skills.
- State/National Certification.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete online application via our website.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend