HGTC is seeking an experienced Oracle DBA with expertise using the Ellucian Banner ERP. The ideal candidate will have multiple years of college and/or university experience as a DBA responsible for the Ellucian Banner product, in support of the College’s administrative system and infrastructure as well as connected third party applications. Additionally, this position will provide DBA, system management activities and consulting in conjunction with College partners/vendors, and will have multiple technical project lead responsibilities. Direct experience with the Ellucian Banner software suite is required.
• Support multiple Oracle databases, review and installation of upgrades and patches, performance management and tuning, security, backups, database optimization and providing senior level technical support to the Director to assist with complex programming tasks for a variety of clients implementing all the Ellucian Banner products.
• Ensuring system and functional programming by supporting the Director and enhancing functionality for the technical team including change control processes.
• Collaborate with technical team to provide assistance with design, development and implementation of complex technical solutions, including advanced SQL scripting and Oracle PL/SQL development.
• Support the Director in promoting customer service and managing customer expectations through quality control and excellent communication.
• Proactively maintain and monitor all Oracle databases and Banner ERP environments (production, test and development), including the planning, creation, installation and cloning of databases, and database auditing procedures.
• Collaborate with other technical personnel to coordinate hardware and operating system requirements (including storage management) with database needs, and optimizing and tuning the Linux operating system parameters for Oracle.
• Assist in troubleshooting end user issues and resolving performance issues in Oracle databases and Banner ERP applications.
• Performs related technical duties as assigned.