Customer Service Specialist - Career Services
Job no: 494062
Work type: Temporary Staff (28 hours or less)
Location: Multiple Locations
Under the direction and supervision of the Career Services Director, the CSS will:
• Serves as the first point of contact for career services walk-in traffic, inbound and outbound calls, and electronic communications to students, alumni, and employers
• Communicates with local area employers, state employers, and out-of-state employers via phone, e-mail, and in-person to discuss and assist with publishing their employment vacancies
• Proactive in discovering new employment options for students and alumni
• Handles the coordination of employment and career services information disseminated through the online career management system (currently College Central Network - www.collegecentral.com/hgtc)
• Assists with career fairs, workshops, training and seminars for students and alumni
• Assists with promoting HGTC’s career services to students, faculty, and employers
• Coordinates the dissemination of employment opportunity information on all campuses to ensure timely reactions to job listings
• Works with students and alumni who request assistance with career development and workforce transition resources (resumes, cover letters, dressing for success, etc.)
• Assists with maintaining traffic data on students, faculty/staff, and employers and feedback surveys related to career services
• Perform other duties as assigned
Commensurate with experience and education.
Associate degree in Business, Automated Office Technology, or related field or high school diploma plus three years of customer service experience in business or higher education environments
Associate degree and experience working in an academic environment. Able to work 28 hours per week; flexibility is essential.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete and online application via our website for consideration.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend