Associate Professor, Cybersecurity
Job no: 494297
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Multiple Locations
Categories: Information Technology
State Classification: Instructor
Class Code: UG70
Horry-Georgetown Technical College is seeking applicants for an Associate Professor of Computer Technology – Cybersecurity emphasis. The chosen candidate will be required to teach network, security, forensics, ethical hacking, etc. classes on our Conway campus as well as online. The chosen candidate will report to the Computer Technology Department Chair in the School of Technologies Division. The individual will be responsible for the following (which is not all inclusive):
- Networking and Security Concepts to include but not limited to:
- Windows Operating Systems, Servers, VMWare, VSphere
- Python, SQL, and Linux capable
- Knowledge and/or experience with Cisco routers and switches, VoIP, Cloud Technologies, Forensics, and Ethical Hacking
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities require the following:
- Two (2) of the following certifications:
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Prepare lectures for classroom instruction
- Prepare appropriate lab exercises in conjunction with lectures to demonstrate material presented
- Develop course Instructional Package, Instructor’s Course Information Sheet, Course Schedule, to coincide with Learning Objectives and Learning Outcomes of the course
- Required Office Hours to assist with student advising, inquiries and tutoring
- Evaluate student success through assignments and exams
- Provide advising to students
- Participate in department meetings and advisory board meetings
- Attend college functions and college wide meetings
- Participate in committees as assigned
- Flexible schedule to workday or evening on Conway campus or online
- Need to stay abreast of current technologies
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave.
Bachelor’s degree in the teaching discipline with demonstrated competencies in the teaching discipline and 5+ years’ experience in field.
Master’s Degree in discipline with 3+ years’ experience in the field and teaching experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit online application via: www.hgtc.edu/hr attaching resume, unofficial transcripts and certifications.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend