Associate Professor, Automotive Technology
Job no: 494357
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Multiple Locations
Categories: Faculty, Technical Education
State Classification: Instructor
Class Code: UG70
Horry-Georgetown Technical College seeks a full-time Automotive Technology instructor. The successful candidate will be required to teach Automotive courses at any Horry-Georgetown Technical College campus locations. This individual will report to the Advanced Manufacturing Technology Department Head and will be responsible for the following duties (this list is not intended to be exhaustive):
- Instructional planning, teaching, and learning; student recruitment, retention and advising
- Assist in the maintenance of lab and classroom equipment;
- Assist in maintaining requirements of NATEF/ASE/ standards;
- Work with Automotive program advisory board to maintain and enhance Automotive curriculum and assess Automotive program outcomes;
- Assist with scheduling, budgeting, and other duties; student advising, etc.
- Participate in available training to keep current in Automotive Technology.
- Instruct and evaluate students in a live work setting who are performing general services and repairs on Automotive equipment and engines.
- Teaching duties include fundamentals and competencies relevant to Automotive Technology.
Duties include a flexible schedule of lecture and laboratory instructions, student advisement and registration. Must be willing to work split teaching shifts that require days and evenings on two campuses. Must fully embrace the responsibility for maintaining an acceptable number of students within the program
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave.
ASE Certification and five years of full-time employment as an Automotive Technician.
- Master ASE Certification or Diesel credentialed Technician.
- Associate’s degree in Automotive Technology OR Associate’s degree in Diesel Technology OR Master ASE Certification.
- Community college or technical school teaching experience preferred but experience training in industry accepted.
- Ability to motivate students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete online application via our website: www.hgtc.edu/hr attaching unofficial transcripts.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend