Associate Professor, Surgical Technology
Job no: 494415
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Multiple Locations
State Classification: Instructor
Class Code: UG70
Horry-Georgetown Technical College invites applications for Associate Professor, Surgical Technology beginning Spring 2023. The instructor is accountable to the department chair for the fulfillment of his or her function, responsibilities, authority and relationships, and for their proper interpretation. The instructor may assign to members of the organization appropriate portions of his or her responsibility together with corresponding authority for their fulfillment but may not delegate or relinquish his or her responsibility.
This individual will report directly to the Program Director of Surgical Technology and will be responsible for the following duties (this list is not intended to be exhaustive):
- Developing and maintaining program syllabi
- Evaluation of student performance toward course objectives in a timely manner
- Demonstrate effective instructional methodology
- Developing and implementing plans to improve student success rate
- Assist the program director in the planning process of developing and review of program course outcomes and assessments
- Maintain program accreditation requirements
- Prepare and maintain all required documentation and administrative reports
- Participate in continuing education to maintain contemporary practice expertise
- Ensure safety and security requirements are met during classroom and laboratory experiences
- Provide academic advisement to students
- Assist with promoting college initiatives and community service
The candidate must demonstrate effective communication and collaboration with all stakeholders of the program.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave.
Associate Degree in Surgical Technology through a national certification program that is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA) and a minimum total of three years of experience, either in the operating room scrub role or as an instructor in surgical technology, or a combination of both, within the past five years.
Teaching experience preferred.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit online application via www.hgtc.edu/hr attaching unofficial transcripts and resume.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend