Job no: 494417
Work type: Temporary Staff (28 hours or less)
Location: Multiple Locations
Library Operations at Horry-Georgetown Technical College is seeking applicants for a Library Specialist. This position performs specialized technical work and provides patron assistance in support of library programs and services at primarily the Conway but also the Grand Strand campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct patron service at the circulation desk, including policy explanation, complaint resolution, problem solving, patron registration, fine collection, and the check-in and out of materials (circulation desk coverage on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings are a requirement of the position)
- Provides basic technical support related to the library's integrated online system. Monitors system performance, analyzes and resolves system problems.
- Supervises work-study students including assigning duties, monitoring performance, verifying accuracy, and submitting documentation to Financial Aid.
- Coordinates serials check-in, serials distribution, discards, and completion of monthly serials checklist.
- Troubleshoots print management software and hardware and other units using the software. Schedules upgrades, manages service calls and provides access for remote troubleshooting.
- Assists in the processing of new books and materials.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experience
High school diploma and four years related experience or two year degree and two years related experience required.
Four (4) year degree preferred. Customer service experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit online application via: www.hgtc.edu/hr attaching resume.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend