Associate Professor, Outboard Marine
Job no: 494422
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Multiple Locations, Georgetown
State Classification: Instructor
Class Code: UG70
Horry-Georgetown Technical College seeks a full-time Outboard Marine instructor. The successful candidate will be required to teach Outboard Marine courses at any Horry-Georgetown Technical College campus location.
The Outboard Marine program is new and unique to Horry-Georgetown Technical College, the first degree program in the State of South Carolina Technical College system. Join Horry-Georgetown Technical College, the 4th largest 2-year College in the state and be part of this nationally recognized program with large corporate sponsorships. We will transform the campus in Georgetown, South Carolina with the introduction of this industry changing educational curriculum.
The successful candidate will be accountable to the department chair for the fulfillment of his or her function, responsibilities, authority and relationships, and for their proper interpretation. This individual will be responsible for the following duties (this list is not intended to be exhaustive).
- Instructional planning, teaching, and learning; student recruitment, retention and advising.
- Assist in the maintenance of lab and classroom equipment.
- Assist in maintaining requirements of Yamaha YMU standards.
- Work with Outboard Marine program advisory board to maintain and enhance Outboard Marine curriculum and assess Outboard Marine program outcomes.
- Assist with scheduling, budgeting, and other duties; student advising, etc.
- Participate in available training to keep current in Outboard Marine Technology.
- Instruct and evaluate students in a live work setting who are performing general services and repairs on Outboard Marine equipment and engines.
- Teaching duties include fundamentals and competencies relevant to Outboard Marine Engine Technology.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave.
Three (3) years of full-time employment as an Outboard Marine Technician in a service or repair environment; Yamaha Master Technician certification; Associate’s degree in related field.
Community college or technical school teaching experience preferred but experience training in industry accepted; Ability to motivate students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Computer literate in MS Office
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete online application via our website: www.hgtc.edu/hr attaching unofficial transcripts.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend