Job no: 494434
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Multiple Locations
State Classification: Instructor
Class Code: UG70
Horry-Georgetown Technical College seeks a full-time Math instructor. The successful candidate will be required to travel and teach Math classes at any Horry-Georgetown Technical College campus location. This individual will report to Academic Chair of Mathematics and will be responsible for the following duties (this list is not intended to be exhaustive).
- Preparing lesson plans for classroom instruction
- Developing program syllabi, annual goals and course/program objectives
- Evaluating students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives
- Assessing Math students’ learning objectives
- Preparing and maintaining all required documentation and administrative reports, inclusive of updated gradebooks and daily/weekly attendance records.
- Maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by attending staff development training, workshops, seminars and conferences
- Ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the training area
- Meeting with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of students
- Providing academic advisement to students
- Participating in academic term registrations
- Maintaining 8 office hours minimally each week to assist students with extra course help and advisement.
- Participating in college and/or department committees, as assigned.
Special comment: This is not a research position. HGTC Math Faculty are employed primarily in an instructing capacity. Research and publishing is not required nor expected.
Duties include a flexible schedule of lecture, student advisement and registration. Must be willing to work split teaching shifts that might require split teaching days between multiple campus locations. Ability to teach courses in traditional, online, and hybrid formats. Must fully embrace the responsibility for maintaining an acceptable number of students within related programs.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave
Masters Degree in Math or a Masters Degree with 18 graduate hours in Math.
Teaching experience preferred.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete online application via our website: www.hgtc.edu/hr attaching unofficial transcripts.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend