Associate Professor, HVAC
Job no: 494454
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Multiple Locations
State Classification: Instructor
Class Code: UG70
Horry-Georgetown Technical College seeks a full-time HVAC instructor. The successful candidate will be required to teach HVAC courses at any Horry-Georgetown Technical College campus locations. This individual will report to the Advanced Manufacturing Technology Department Head and will be responsible for the following duties
(this list is not intended to be exhaustive):
- Preparing lessons plans for lecture classroom instruction
- Preparing and delivering appropriate instruction for the laboratory classroom to include demonstrations
- Developing and delivering instruction for online HVAC classes when needed
- Working collaboratively with other HVAC Department faculty to improve curriculum and Labs within courses.
- Evaluating and assessing students’ course and program learning outcomes
- Developing and implementing plans to improve students’ success rates and job placements
- Preparing and maintaining all required documentation and administrative reports
- Ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the laboratory and classroom environment
- Provide academic advisement to students
- Meeting with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of students
- Participating in college and community service
Duties include a flexible schedule of lecture and laboratory instructions, student advisement and registration. Must be willing to work split teaching shifts that require days and evenings on two campuses. Must fully embrace the responsibility for maintaining an acceptable number of students within the program
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave.
Associate degree or Ten (10) or more years of heating, ventilation, refrigeration, commercial/residential field experience. Formal training or certification as recognized by industry and/or educational training institutions; Three (3) or more years of heating, ventilation, refrigeration, commercial/residential experience; NATE (North American Technician Excellence) Heat Pump Service Certification Universal EPA certification.
Associates Degree in HVAC
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete online application via our website: www.hgtc.edu/hr attaching unofficial transcripts.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend