Adjunct Instructor, Golf & Sports Turf
Job no: 494482
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Horry-Georgetown Technical College seeks an Adjunct Instructor for Golf & Sports Turf. The successful candidate will be required to teach Golf & Sports Turf courses at any Horry-Georgetown Technical College campus location. This individual will report to the Chair of Golf and Sports Turf Management and will be responsible for the following duties (this list is not intended to be exhaustive).
- Preparing lesson plans for lecture classroom instruction
- Preparing and delivering appropriate instruction for the laboratory classroom to include demonstrations and dissections
- Developing course syllabi, objectives, and learning outcomes
- Working collaboratively with other faculty to improve curriculum within courses
- Evaluating and assessing students’ progress in meeting course and program learning outcomes
- Developing and implementing plans to improve students’ success rates on major assessments
- Preparing and maintaining all required documentation and administrative reports
- Ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the laboratory and classroom environment
- Providing academic advisement to students
- Meeting with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of students
- Participating in college and community service
Duties include a flexible schedule of lecture and laboratory instructions, student advisement and registration. Must be willing to work split teaching shifts that might require teaching days on multiple campuses or teaching evening classes. Must fully embrace the responsibility for maintaining an acceptable number of students within related programs.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience.
Associate’s degree and demonstrated industry experiences with competencies in the teaching discipline.
- Master's degree in Turf Management, Agronomy, or closely related field
- Documented industry experience in fields of golf course management or athletic field management
- Ability to manage multiple courses in a rapid and smooth manner while being able to interact and communicate with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Must have a student first focus.
- Work in a team environment.
- Must have excellent communications skills, and be able to articulate clearly the scientific and applications based skills required for the turf grass industry, as well as set clear goals, and work with both industry partners.
- Attention to detail; excellent written and spoken communication.
- Strong record of industry involvement.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different levels of
students' ability and learning styles.
- Ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques and equipment.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete online application via our website: www.hgtc.edu/hr attaching ALL unofficial transcripts.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend