Associate Professor, Boat Building
Job no: 494507
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Horry-Georgetown Technical College seeks a full-time Boat Building Technology instructor. The successful candidate will be required to teach Boat Building Technology courses at any Horry-Georgetown Technical College campus location. The successful candidate will be accountable to the department chair for the fulfillment of his or her function, responsibilities, authority and relationships, and for their proper interpretation. This individual will be responsible for the following duties (this list is not intended to be exhaustive).
- Instructional planning, teaching, and learning; student recruitment, retention and advising.
- Assist in the maintenance of lab and classroom equipment.
- Assist in maintaining requirements of lamination and Certified Composite Technical standards (ACMA American Composite Manufacturing Association).
- Work with Boat Building program advisory board to maintain and enhance Boat Building curriculum and assess Boat Building program outcomes.
- Assist with scheduling, budgeting, and other duties; student advising, etc.
- Participate in available training to keep current in Boat Building Technology.
- Instruct and evaluate students in a live work setting who are performing work and/or repairs on boats and boat building equipment.
- Teaching duties include fundamentals and competencies relevant to Boat Building Technology.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave.
ACMA American composite manufacturing association CCT Certified Composite Technician, 5 year experience managing boat manufacturing environment, and associates degree in a related field of study.
Community college or technical school teaching experience preferred but experience training in industry accepted; Ability to motivate students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Computer literate in MS Office
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete online application via our website: www.hgtc.edu/hr attaching unofficial transcripts.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend