Job no: 494420
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Multiple Locations
State Classification: Instructor
Class Code: UG70
Horry-Georgetown Technical College seeks a full-time Sociology instructor. The successful candidate will be required to travel and teach Sociology classes at any Horry-Georgetown Technical College campus location. This individual will report to the Behavioral and Social Sciences Department Head in the School of Arts and Sciences Division, and will be responsible for the following duties (this list is not intended to be exhaustive).
- Preparing lesson plans for classroom instruction
- Developing program syllabi, goals and objectives
- Evaluating students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives
- Assessing Sociology students’ learning objectives
- Developing and implementing plans to improve student success rate of end-of-course exit examinations
- Maintaining program certification requirements, as appropriate
- Preparing and maintaining all required documentation and administrative reports
- Maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by attending staff development training, workshops, seminars and conferences
- Ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the training area
- Meeting with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of students
- Providing academic advisement to students
- Participating in academic term registrations
Duties include a flexible schedule of lecture, student advisement and registration. Must be willing to work split teaching shifts that might require split teaching days between multiple campus locations. Must fully embrace the responsibility for maintaining an acceptable number of students within related programs.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave.
Masters Degree in Sociology or Masters Degree with 18 graduate hours in Sociology.
Experience teaching in all modalities to include the online format.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit online application via www.hgtc.edu/hr attaching unofficial transcripts and resume.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend