Professor, Biological Sciences
Job no: 494435
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Multiple Locations
State Classification: Instructor
Class Code: UG70
Horry-Georgetown Technical College seeks a full-time Biological Science instructor. The successful candidate will be required to teach Microbiology courses at any Horry-Georgetown Technical College campus location, including online. This individual will report to the Natural & Physical Sciences Department Head in the School of Arts and Sciences Division and will be responsible for the following duties (this list is not intended to be exhaustive).
- Preparing lesson plans for lecture classroom instruction
- Preparing and delivering appropriate instruction for the laboratory classroom to include demonstrations
- Developing and delivering instruction for online Microbiology courses
- Developing course syllabi, objectives, and learning outcomes
- Working collaboratively with other Natural & Physical Sciences’ Department faculty to improve curriculum within courses
- Evaluating and assessing students’ progress in meeting course and program learning outcomes
- Developing and implementing plans to improve students’ success rates on major assessments
- Preparing and maintaining all required documentation and administrative reports
- Ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the laboratory and classroom environment
- Providing academic advisement to students
- Meeting with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of students
- Participating in college and community service
Duties include a flexible schedule of lecture and laboratory instructions, student advisement and registration. Must be willing to work split teaching shifts that might require teaching days on multiple campuses or teaching evening classes. Must fully embrace the responsibility for maintaining an acceptable number of students within related programs.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave.
Masters degree in microbiology or masters degree in a related field with 18 graduate hours in microbiology.
Experience teaching in all modalities to include the online format.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete online application via our website: www.hgtc.edu/hr attaching unofficial transcripts.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend