Associate Professor, Nursing
Job no: 494354
Work type: Full Time Faculty
Location: Multiple Locations
State Classification: Instructor
Class Code: UG70
Horry-Georgetown Technical College seeks a full-time Nursing instructor. The successful candidate will be required to teach Nursing courses at any Horry-Georgetown Technical College campus location, including online. The faculty member may be required to teach in the Associate Degree, Practical Nursing or Patient Care programs. This individual will report to the Department Chair for Nursing in the School of Nursing and Health Sciences. The Associate Professor will be responsible for the following duties including but not limited to:
- Preparing lesson plans for lecture classroom instruction
- Preparing and delivering appropriate instruction for the laboratory classroom to include demonstrations
- Utilizing simulation technology in the lab setting to educate and reinforce psychomotor skills and critical thinking
- Developing and delivering instruction for online and /or hybrid Nursing courses.
- Developing course syllabi, objectives, and learning outcomes
- Working collaboratively with other Nursing and Allied Health Department faculty to improve curriculum within courses
- Evaluating and assessing students’ progress in meeting course and program learning outcomes
- Developing and implementing plans to improve students’ success rates on major assessments
- Preparing and maintaining all required documentation and administrative reports
- Ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the laboratory and classroom environment
- Providing academic advisement to students
- Meeting with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of students
- Participating in college and community service
- Active engagement with students to prepare students for success on NCLEX- RN and NCLEX- PN licensure examinations
Duties include a flexible schedule of lecture and laboratory instructions, student advisement and registration. Must be willing to work split teaching shifts that might require teaching days on multiple campuses or teaching evening classes. Must fully embrace the responsibility for maintaining an acceptable number of students within related programs.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave.
Masters Degree in Nursing, hold a current license as a registered nurse in South Carolina and have a minimum requirements of two years clinical experience related to the primary area of responsibility.
||Experience teaching at a Community College or University, either online or in-person preferred. Recent clinical experience preferred as well.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit online application via www.hgtc.edu/hr attaching unofficial transcripts and resume.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend